How to choose a Bootcamp?
A lot of reasons out there to continue learning, in whatever field it may be. Reasons like having a primary education, furthering understanding in a current field, improving chances at professional growth, switching careers, and so on. But not always can one set aside money or time to do a full-fledged college degree or university course, and so Bootcamps come into the picture. Here we speak about how to choose a Bootcamp in a world full of short courses and distance learning.
- Set your goals! Why are you looking to join a Bootcamp? and how much time and money can you set aside to make this decision a success? Answer these questions before moving on in your search
- Start your search! Have a few filters charted out when you start your search, such as durations, locations, subjects, costs, etc
- Filter out your search even further by reading reviews and doing a more intensive online search on the Bootcamps users' stories. Read outcome reports, and try to get in touch with the alumni to get first-hand recommendations.
- Find out about the teaching style and if it suits your learning style. Is it live interactions or async to the core? Will you get a chance to interact with an instructor for 1-on-1 feedback sessions? Will your assignments be graded and set you on a path of improvement?
- Once you’ve completed the previous 4 steps, you should have narrowed down on a couple of boot camps that are offering exactly what you are looking for. After which you can make your choice based on your preference, or you could try out their introductory courses that are usually free of cost before making any decision.
This is a very basic list of things you can do that will help you choose the right Bootcamp for you. But if you want a more in-depth guide on this topic try reading SwitchUp’s Guide. We wish you the best in your learning journey!
Follow us on LinkedIn for more updates!