We’ve put together some tips to help you get started without giving up!
1. Have a goal in mind — when you first start programming, focus on learning one (preferably high-level) language — don’t try to learn everything at once.
2. Be consistent — The only thing that can stop you from learning to program is quitting, it’s the small steps that will get you to the goal at the end.
3. Practice — The best way to learn how to code is to code. It won’t only make you a better programmer but also gives you a lot of confidence.
4. Learn to research problems and ask for help — Set a timebox on tasks, and ask for help if you hit the timebox and you’re still stuck.
5. Try a Bootcamp or find a Strong Mentor — Learning to code can be lonely, so having a good coding mentor or alumni support can make a world of difference.
There’s a lot more on “How to learn to code” and “The best methods to learn programming” but the most important thing, is to take the first step and make the commitment.
Let us know your thoughts, and if you have any tips for code newbies.